Thursday, June 23

The Pollyanna Effect

My family finally acquired the VHS version of Pollyanna... complete with a case and everything! See, when I was a kid, we didn't get new movies all the time, instead we had another family tape the Disney Channel old movies, so we always had a bunch of tapes with no cases. But this one! had a case. Yay!
Anyway, I haven't seen Pollyanna in years, but my mom quotes it constantly. You see, Pollyanna plays the "Glad Game"..She's a perky orphan with an attitude to make even Agnes Moorehead smile. I know it's all very Disney, but the moral of the story is to stay positive, even when you fall out of a tree and break your back and become paralyzed.
Hayley Mills as Pollyanna

Jane Wyman and Richard Egan... love.
I guess my point is, if Pollyanna can be a chirpy, positive paralyzed orphan, I can be content with anything. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!