Monday, August 29

Gah! School is here...

Here's what I love...
The first day of school.
Freshly sharpened bouquets of pencils.
Crisp morning air.
Apples.
New crayons.
New clothes... 

Molly and I on our first day of school at the same university!
I hunted my sister down for a first day of school picture, and to steal some deodorant out of her room... yikes... that just went public.
I also wore my glasses to look smarter.
And no one recognized me. Which I really liked, because everyone who had to double take was more excited to see me, and everyone I don't like didn't notice.
Go incognito!
School this year is gonna be rough.
Just saying it... and I'm not whining.
Ready?
19 credits...
6 of which are studio art courses, which require 5 hours independent studio time (18 hours total).
5 of which are for Spanish, online, which requires an hour per day (5 hours total)
2 of which are for my history of Ireland course, which I'm really excited for, but the prof is demanding! (6 hours total).
3 credits for Art History online (3 hours total) and
3 credits for creative writing independent study (5 hours total). (YAY!)

3 jobs
I work at the library (new job!) from 6:30 -9:30 am Monday and Wednesday, and from 6:30-10:30 on Fridays. SIDEBAR: I'm not a morning person. I might get fired. Fair warning. (10 hours total).
I work at Grizzly Grocery on Sunday and Monday nights from 3-10 and 7-11. (11 hours total.)
I work as a debate coach for 3 afternoons a week for 2 hours (6 hours) and, once tournaments start, for all of Friday and Saturday (20 hours, of tournament time).
I also have my job at the visitors center for another week, but I can handle a week...

This means that, once debate tournaments start, I will be busy for 84 hours of my week.

Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!