Sunday, June 5

P.S...

I know that every single person in my life has told me to relax in the past week...
Mainly because I'm a raging ball of wild I-Don't-Have-A-Job... it's a syndrome... look it up.
My parents finally sat me down on Thursday (here comes the proof that mom and dads are awesome... esp. mine.) and told me, forcefully, that I had to calm down. It went like this...
"mwawahwahwaha (Charlie Brown adult sounds)... You've had a job since you were 14. And you worked yourself too hard this year, and you had mono for 12 weeks. and you could take a sabbatical (translation: parent speak for unemployment) and it would be great. you could do housesitting, and babysitting, and temp work, and go on the river... and you may not save lots, but you wouldn't go into the negative either. and you're twenty, so cool your jets."
and I weakly tried to combat their arguments like so..
"I like working until I cough blood... really. Mono was great, I kept Epstein-Barr as a keepsake I loved it so hard. and sabbaticals (unemployment) is for weaker souls... I've applied at 19 places (no exaggeration) and I can't stop now! I have this list of every restaurant in town right here, see? and I'm calling them all tomorrow! oh... yeah, I am twenty... thanks mom."

So I stopped looking for a job, at least momentarily.. and then, I wake up on Friday, and what do you know!
Job offer at Grizzly Grocery and I'm rushing downtown to hand in another promising resume... thank goodness!
I've spent my weekend genuinely relaxing. I spent Friday night hanging out with Libby, and all of Saturday with my mom. We went shopping, and to a graduation party. gasp and then, we went to my cousin's husband's parent's house (are you following?) and his mom had the greatest collection of pink glass dishes. She had seating for 8 with serving dishes and antique champagne glasses, all in a dark pink glass... I gotta hang out with her more. She also had shiny reflective wallpaper in her bathroom (tres Rococo) which must have been put in ages ago because it's ungoogleable... bummer!

And today... I've been so domestic, but that's another post for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!