Saturday, August 13

Dipping my toes in...

I just have to jump into this, because the thought of blogging after a month gone terrifies me... you heard right... terrifies!
Here I go, photo roll of my beautiful, exhilarating, exhausting, direction giving trip guiding on the lovely Missouri river...

That's my dad... he's guiding the big boat...







From left to right: Dad, Ken, Caren, James, Lorraine, Lenore






Cute, right? I'm about to blow out the firey marshmallow.










Moral of that story is: I look like a huge dork in windgear (love) and Missouri mud is the greatest thing since sliced bread and colour TV



This is where Lenore screamed, "You're gonna get salmonella!" PSA for those who care... Missouri toads don't equal salmonella

All of our stuff...

My feet by the end of the trip... swollen, rubbed raw, and duct taped because it's a great bandage when you decide that no shoes is better than falling apart, stuck in the mud shoes.




Fun facts:

I ran into two rattlesnakes in one hour by myself! AH
I saw the northern lights for the first time.
I'm going to guide next summer for ROW.
I'm very excited.
My feet are tough as nails.
I can cook almost anything in a dutch oven.
Everyone should visit the Missouri river in Montana... It's so underappreciated and gorgeous...go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!