Monday, August 15

On the lack of love....

I've spent a good part of my time in the last month worrying about someone liking me.
I've been tense. I've cried. I've been angry, frustrated, and grumpy.
And all this is because someone didn't particularly like me. They weren't mean. They weren't vindictive. They just didn't want to be my friend.

And that really hurt my feelings, petty as that may be. I haven't stopped being upset about it.
But just now, I was on facebook (damnit social media) and I saw all the people who do (or their pictures).

I don't have to worry about one person not loving on me... because there are a lot of other people who do. People who I see every day. People who know me, who know who I am at my very deepest point. People who know how awful, biting, sarcastic, and caustic I can be, and love me anyways. People who can see me when I'm tired, hungry, hurt, grumpy, growling, sick, and mean and still think I'm the greatest person ever.

If this person didn't love me, when I was in my "I'm just meeting you" mode... when I was nice, and charming, and funny, and considerate, and a good listener... well then, I guess it's not meant to be. Because I know a lot of lovelies who think I'm great when I'm not in my "I'm just meeting you" mode.. And I would rather spend my energy on them.

I'm blessed with a wonderful set of parents, three beautiful  sisters, best friends, friends, family, "family", acquaintances, and a great boyfriend. And they all love me. So if you don't, I don't need you. And if you do love me, I do. I really, really need you.

Do you remember that part in Juno, when she's talking to her dad about love, and J.K Simmons (He's from Missoula!) busts out this little nugget of wisdom.

"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."

I'm sticking with you guys :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!