Thursday, June 9

First Of All.... YUM

This is way overdue. and I mean WAY. almost a month WAY.
Here's a big blogging thank you to my cousin Kerri Lynn Van Auken. I guess she goes by Kerri (according to the ever so mighty, all knowing, official facebook... reh) but I've always called her Kerri Lynn, and my other cousin is always Mary Margaret, and I'm always going to be Mary Elizabeth, for as long as we both shall live... (gotta love big (no huge) families where we need two names to keep everybody straight. It's a good thing the Callahans are so classy or we would have ended up with a bunch of Sally Jo's and Suzy May's...).
Anyway, Kerri (if you will) is awesome. And I'm not full of that "oh, your cousin climbed Everest? Well, my cousin climbed Everest twice, backwards, oh, and she had a peg leg. And she's way cooooler than your cousin..." nope, I don't really have that in me... (Except, my real cousin Tye is a 6'8 southpaw with a 82" wingspan and he's a pro boxer... so yeah, he probably could kick your cousin's ass.)
But, (bring it home, Mary, you're drifting)... she super cool. She has a sketch comedy team in Chicago called Size Eight... and they're hilarious. And, she makes webisodes with her husband under the awesome name "Sanfauken" and she runs a treats business called Treats Couture.
Which brings me to the real moral of my story, children... I won some freaking treats!
I won some spicy mexican chocolate sandwich cookies for my birthday, and they are named the Sweet Mary Sanchez.

Awesome because...
A) I won treats...
B) for my birthday! 
C) and they are named after me.
D) soooo tasty.

Oh, and they came with a video. For me. Beat that.

P.S. Check out Kerri's blog if you get the chance!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary Elizabeth, you are all together the sweetest, dearest, funniest cousin! Your blog is such fun to read. Thanks so much for the props and the feedback. Love your blog and your creativity and energy are extremely inspiring! Lots of love! Kerri Lynn

    PS: You're not overdue, we Callahans are always fashionably late.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name, email, and site.
Thanks!